Boarding Australia staff include a core team of professionals with diverse community services experience. They are complemented by a network of boarding and education experts who provide support with specific projects.
Greg Franks, CEO, MBA
Greg Franks became the Chief Executive Officer of Boarding Australia in August 2017. He has been involved in the community sector for much of his professional life and has over 30 years’ experience in leadership and managerial positions in both commercial and not for profit organisations.
From 2011 to 2015 Greg enjoyed the challenging and rewarding role of CEO in the Aboriginal community of Yalata in SA. In this role Greg was also the Executive Officer for the Yalata Community Council and the community’s commercial interests – Yalata Community Store Pty Ltd and Yalata Enterprises Pty Ltd.
Greg holds management qualifications in commercialisation, business strategy, recreation planning and management and has worked in a diverse range of industries including health, Aboriginal affairs, community services, arts, OH&S and industrial relations.
He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management and was Mentor of the Year in the 2003 SA Enterprise Workshop.
Board of Management
Indigenous Education and Boarding Australia has operated with a vibrant and active Board of Management for a number of years. The current Board is comprised of dedicated members with extensive experience in boarding in a variety of settings.
- Matt Alterator Aboriginal Education and Wellbeing Advisor, Department of Education, NSW
- Anthony Bennett (Chairperson), Manager, Wiltja Anangu Secondary Boarding College, SA
- Antoinette Cole Consultant Formation – First Nations, Catholic Education Services, Diocese of Cairns, QLD
- Geoff Deans Group Manager Social Performance, OZ Minerals, SA
- Samantha Franklin (Treasurer), Partner, K Welsh & Co Accountants, SA
- Rosalyn Thomas Consultant: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education, The Association of Independent Schools of NSW
- Edward Tudor Executive Director, Melbourne Indigenous Transition School, VIC